- Increased development of Oklahoma’s abundant oil and natural gas resources.
- Protecting oil and natural gas assets.
- Protecting and strengthening Oklahoma’s business environment.
- Government and judicial reforms that would positively affect the oil and natural gas industry.
- Efforts to encourage recycling of oil and gas produced water and waste.
- Protecting the development of Oklahoma’s resources for the benefit of mineral owners, the state budget and economic development by supporting Oklahoma’s current oil and natural gas pooling laws.
- State primacy over:
- Environmental regulations and energy and natural resource industry operations.
- Pipeline safety as directed by the U.S. Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety.
- Administration (PHMSA)
- Efforts to streamline and improve efficiencies at the Corporation Commission.
- A free and equitable marketplace for oil and natural gas commodities.
- The rights of industry, public and private land and mineral owners to be free from burdensome regulations due to candidate, threatened, and endangered species.
- Limiting competition and imposing unnecessary regulation on the industry.
- Policies that shift the tax burden to the oil and gas industry.
- Policies that harm and weaken Oklahoma’s business environment.
- Policies that unfairly advantage any energy source over the oil and natural gas industry.
The Petroleum Alliance PAC is comprised of Petroleum Alliance of Oklahoma members who annually contribute to help the association accomplish objectives beyond the time, energy, experience and financial limitations of individual members. Through personal contributions to the PAC, Petroleum Alliance members fund the association’s involvement in local, state and federal political races.
The oil and natural gas industry is always a potential target for punitive legislation and regulation. PAC support is a key reason our industry has been able to both deflect negative legislation and be proactive in pushing for laws that improve the ability of our state’s oil and natural gas industry to compete in the marketplace.
For more information on the Petroleum Alliance of Oklahoma PAC, contact Jon Bargas at email@example.com.